Flogas Enterprise, its subsidiaries and all the companies in the Flogas Group are firmly committed to complying with our data protection obligations. In this context, and to achieve consistency and excellence of service, we believe that it is important to set out a protocol which must be followed for retention of cookies.
The relevant Data Protection Acts (the Acts) and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) impose obligations on us, as a Data Controller, to process personal data in a manner that respects the rights of data subjects to have their data processed fairly.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are placed by website operators on to the devices of website users. They gather information about the device and send that information back to the website operator. Their functions are varied. They allow a website operator to provide services, identify devices, understand website user preferences and so on.
- Make the website work as you’d expect
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Continuously improve this website for you
- Login into the Portal
- Customer preferences
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to 3rd parties
When someone visits this website, we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns:
- We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site.
- We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone.
- We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
- We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source.
- If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
What is an Opt-Out cookie?
Opt-out cookies are cookies created by a website on your browser folder that enables you to block that same website from installing future cookies. The opt-out cookie tells the website not to install third party advertiser or other cookies on your browser. This prevents the third-party ad server from tracking your page preferences within a website or among websites within their network. The drawback to using opt-out cookies is that they are site specific. They can only block cookies from a specific server and won’t block cookies from other websites. To do generalized blocking, you can manage your cookies via your browser’s cookie settings.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Browser Cookie Settings
If you do not wish to receive cookies, most browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings will typically be found in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the “Help” option in your browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Edge
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari