Junior Trader Opportunity
The role will include:
- Full participation in the company Electricity Trading (ISEM) and Analytics team.
o Creating daily demand, generation and price forecasts
o Communicating forecasts to the market and reconciling positions within the market
o Executing trades on behalf of customers and in support of products as defined by
trading strategies and processes
o Contributing to the analysis and development of forecasting models and trade
execution strategies and processes.
- The successful candidate will be required to participate in the company ISEM Trading shift
rota which may involve working outside of normal operating hours.
- As the company expands operations the successful candidate will have the opportunity to
develop further skills in other areas of the electricity trading and analytics business such as
trading strategy development and quantitative modelling.
- Formal and informal training on power systems, energy markets and company systems and
processes will be provided as required.
The Successful Candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Primary degree in a technical field such as engineering, computer science, natural or
environmental sciences, economics or finance from a leading university
- 1 years’ experience (minimum) in an Electricity Trading or similar role
- Good knowledge of Irish power systems, energy industry and commodity markets
- Experience working with at least one ETRM system (ISEM experience desired)
- Basic knowledge of programming and databases
- Excellent knowledge of Excel
- Diligence with an attention to detail
- Comfortable working with large volumes of data in a structured environment
- Flexible and eager to learn material in new fields
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Self-motivated, ability to prioritise work with minimal direction
- Team player prepared to help others achieve department goals.
Additional elements which are desirable for the role include:
- Postgraduate degree (Masters/Ph.D.) in a relevant technical field
- In depth knowledge of IT systems, programming and databases
- Trading/Risk Management experience in Financial or Commodity markets
- Quantitative Modelling experience in Financial or Commodity markets
- Commercial Sales or Front Office experience, preferably in a technical industry
Please submit CV and cover letter using the form below.